Starting in 2019, BCBSND will be partnering with WebMD Health Services to offer a new and improved online wellness portal experience as the platform for the HealthyBlue program. As a result of this new partnership, the administration of the Health Club Credit program will also see some new changes:
1. New model for the BCBSND HCC program. BCBSND will be changing the Health Club Credit program to a point-based program vs a $20 p/mo reimbursement program, starting 01/01/19. BCBSND members will still be required to workout at a participating NIHCA facility to capture 12+ workouts per month, however those 12 workouts will be awarded back to the member on WebMD as points. Clubs will still be required to submit monthly workout totals for each eligible BCBSND member, into NIHCArewards.org. However those workouts will be translated back to the members as points and not as a monetary reward. (Members will be able to redeem their points for a reward online through WebMD.)
2. November is your last month to submit visits for January – October 2018. Take the next week or so, to run a report in NIHCArewards called Reimbursement History Report. Look specifically for any BCBSND member that did not get reimbursed that should have in 2018. IF you have anybody to resubmit for, you will only be able to capture that reimbursement for them on this October file that is submitted in November.
3. November ’18 workouts will pay out in January ‘19. In order for BCBSND to provide timely reporting of incentives earned to employer groups for tax withholding, November workouts will be delayed and rewarded in January 2019 along with December 2018 activity.
4. BCBSND HCC program will be a 9-month program going forward. With the decision to make the HCC program a points-based program, BCBSND has also decided to align the HCC program earning period with the online wellness portal earning period, which runs January – October 31. This means that eligible HCC BCBSND members will only be rewarded for club workouts for 9 total months (January – September) going forward. However the monthly earning potential will be increased to allow members the opportunity to still earn a total of $240 within that time period. The decision to align all incentive-based programs will allow BCBSND to report annual incentives earned to employer groups for tax withholding in a timely manner and eliminate the confusion that occurs with Nov/Dec activity being awarded in January 2019.
Who is eligible?
- Active members of fully insured group plans and most individual purchasers of BCBSND plans are eligible to participate. Members of a self-insured group plan that’s administered by BCBSND may also be eligible if their employer offers the program.
- A maximum of two qualifying adult BCBSND members (Subscriber and Spouse) may participate and will receive points towards their gym workouts.