Members are rewarded for their healthy habits. If it’s offered with their health plan, the BluePrint for Health® fitness discounts program credits members fitness center account up to $20 per month for membership fees. All they have to do is work out at a participating fitness center the required number of times each month, depending on their plan.
Who is eligible?
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota members can visit myBlueCross in the member self-service center at www.bluecrossmn.com to find out if they are eligible. Members can click on the “Plan Details” tab and select “Health Programs and Discounts” and finally, select “find a fitness center.” Members must be at least 18 years old to participate in the fitness discounts program.
- Active members of fully insured group plans and most individual purchasers of Blue Cross plans like Aware Care and Medicare supplement plans are eligible to participate. Members of a self-insured group plan that’s administered by Blue Cross may also be eligible if their employer offers the program.
- A maximum of two qualifying adult Blue Cross members per household may participate and receive the up to $20 credit.
How it works
- If members are eligible, they’ll see a fitness symbol in the upper right corner of their Blue Cross member ID card.
- They present the member ID card with the symbol to a participating fitness center to enroll in the program.
- Every time they work out, their visits are tracked. Once the member worked out the required number of times in a month, they will receive up to $20 credit toward their fitness center membership fees. (Up to $40 per household for adults covered under each plan.)
- Members will continue to get the discount every month that they are eligible and meet the visit requirement.
- If members cancel their fitness center membership, the fitness center discontinues participation in the program or they cancel Blue Cross medical coverage, they will forfeit any un-applied credits.