Beginning 5/1/17, UCare is expecting new members to the UCare MA and UCare MNCare Programs in 55 counties across the state of Minnesota. You may see more members from UCare at your club location. All other programming remains the same.
Reminder – if you see this Icon on a member ID card they are eligible for the program.
If the member has both the Health Club Savings icon AND a SilverSneakers Icon AND your location is a SilverSneakers location the member will always receive SilverSneakers first and not the Health Club Savings Program. If your location is NOT a SilverSneakers location then member is eligible for the Health Club Savings program based on which plan they have with UCare. (See Below)
= Health Club Savings program eligibility
= SilverSneakers Program eligibility
Please call NIHCA with questions.
Eligible Programs & Participants ~
- UCare for Seniors: Each individual participating in the program does not need to meet a minimum number of workouts per month to earn the reimbursement (credit) of up to $20 reimbursement per/mo. However UCare for Seniors members must be a paid member at a participating NIHCA facility.
I.E. 0 workouts per/mo. = an up to $20 reimbursement per/mo.
- UCare Choices, Fairview UCare Choices, UCare MA and UCare MinnesotaCare: Each individual participating in the program must work out 12 times or more per month to earn the reimbursement (credit) of up to $20 for individual and up to $40 for family membership (UCare Choices only).
- I.E. 12 workouts per/mo. = an up to $20 reimbursement per/mo.
- Each member is responsible to be certain that their workout usage is tracked at the facility.
- If members cancel their health club membership or discontinue their UCare insurance, unapplied dues reductions will be forfeited.
- If you have more eligibility questions, please contact UCare Member Service at 612-676-3600 or toll free at 1-877-523-1515.