The Sioux Falls School District, in response to strong employee interest, is supporting active lifestyles through the SFSD FitClub (FitClub). Eligible employees and spouses that work-out a minimum of eight (8) times per month at a participating NIHCA fitness center will receive up to a $20 incentive, (up to $40 per month per household), paid via direct deposit
Current District employees/spouses enrolled in the Sioux Falls School District Medical Insurance Plan are eligible to participate in FitClub by using their SFSD Employee ID # upon enrollment.
How it Works
1. Eligible employee/spouses will receive a FitClub “welcome packet” from the Human Resources Department or may obtain information from www.sf.k12.sd.us/fitclub.
2. Eligible employee/spouses must complete either a physical Enrollment form at the participating club OR complete the online First Time Enrollment at NIHCArewards.org. IMPORTANT NOTE: SFSD spouses – please add an “S” to the end of the SFSD Employee ID # upon enrollment.
3. To earn the $20 incentive, employees/spouses must exercise a minimum of eight (8) days (visits) per calendar month. Visits to the fitness club are tracked. Employees/spouses meeting the eight (8) visit requirement will receive up to $20 deposited in their bank account each month the visit requirement is met.
4. A $20 maximum incentive is paid to each employee/spouse, never to exceed the total cost of the fitness center monthly membership. If employee and spouse are on a “joint” or “family” fitness membership, the fitness center dues will be separated and divided equally between the employee and spouse. Each individual may receive up to a $20 incentive for meeting the eight (8) visit requirement ($40 maximum incentive per household).
5. If the fitness center monthly membership is less than $20, the employee/spouse will only receive the actual amount. (For example, if the monthly membership fee is $9, the employee/spouse would be reimbursed $9 each month the eight (8) visit requirement is met.)
6. If employees/spouses cancel their fitness center memberships, or terminate District medical insurance coverage, they are ineligible for the FitClub and forfeit any unapplied incentive payments.
7. If fitness centers discontinue participation in the program, employees/spouses are ineligible for the FitClub (unless membership is established in another participating fitness center) and forfeits any unapplied incentive payments.
8. Program eligibility and incentive payments are determined by the Human Resources Department designee in accordance with FitClub plan guidelines.