The U.S. Surgeon General reports at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity on most days of the week can produce long-term health benefits.
Who is eligible?
- Active members of fully insured group plans and most individual purchasers of BCBSND plans are eligible to participate. Members of a self-insured group plan that’s administered by BCBSND may also be eligible if their employer offers the program.
- A maximum of two qualifying adult BCBSND members (Subscriber and Spouse) may participate and receive the up to $20 credit.
How it works
- If members are eligible, they will receive an welcome packet in the mail or from their employer group.
- Eligible members present their BCBSND ID and the letter provided in the welcome packet to a participating health club, where they will complete an enrollment form.
- To earn this credit they must exercise a minimum of 12 days per month. (The amount of the credit cannot exceed the total monthly membership dues). Every time they work out, their visits are tracked. Members are responsible for ensuring that their visit to the health club is recorded. Once the member worked out the required number of times in a month, they will receive up to $20 credit toward their fitness center membership fees. (Up to $40 per household for adults covered under each plan.)
- Members will continue to get the credit every month that they are eligible and meet the visit requirement.
- If members cancel their fitness center membership, the fitness center discontinues participation in the program or they cancel BCBSND Health Plan coverage, they will forfeit any unapplied credits.
- IMPORTANT: If you are also eligible for the MyHealthCenter program, you must read and accept the Authorization for Release of Information – Wellness Programs and complete the Health Assessment to receive the Health Club Credit program incentive at MyHealthCare