As always, a requirement for the Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Health Club Credit program is that each eligible BCBSND member must complete an annual Authorization each year. Most members will complete this online, however there are some groups that fill out a paper authorization. Regardless, this annual process will need to be completed AFTER 1/1/16. Your members can not complete the Authorization early; it must be after 1/1/16.
Who is eligible?
- Active members of fully insured group plans and most individual purchasers of BCBSND plans are eligible to participate. Members of a self-insured group plan that’s administered by BCBSND may also be eligible if their employer offers the program.
- A maximum of two qualifying adult BCBSND members (Subscriber and Spouse) may participate and receive the up to $20 *credit.
- NEW ~ BCBSND Metallic program – The Metallic program requires eligible members to work out 12 times per month; 18 years of age or older; subscriber and spouse are eligible; up to $10 per month will be credited back to the member(s).
How it works
- Eligible members present their BCBSND ID and the letter provided in the welcome packet to a participating health club, where they will complete an enrollment form.
- To earn this credit they must exercise a minimum of 12 days per month. (The amount of the credit cannot exceed the total monthly membership dues). Every time they work out, their visits are tracked. Members are responsible for ensuring that their visit to the health club is recorded. Once the member worked out the required number of times in a month, they will receive up to $20* credit toward their fitness center membership fees. (Up to $40 per household for adults covered under each plan.) *The Metallic group only receives up to $10 per month for working out 12 times per month.
- Members will continue to get the credit every month that they are eligible and meet the visit requirement.
- If members cancel their fitness center membership, the fitness center discontinues participation in the program or they cancel BCBSND Health Plan coverage, they will forfeit any unapplied credits.
- IMPORTANT: If you are also eligible for the HealthyBlue program, you must read and accept the Authorization for Release of Information – Wellness Programs and complete the health assessment to receive Health Club Credit program incentives.