Q: How does a health plan in Minnesota affect my club?
A: This national health plan has several Minnesota-based Fortune 500 clients with employees located throughout the country. By partnering with NIHCA, they are able to reach out to health clubs outside of the state for nationally known accounts.
Q: When can we begin to enroll members into the program?
A: The process looks like this:
- Enroll in NIHCA – this will get you listed immediately as a participating club!
- Staff training information on the enrollment and submission process will be mailed to you following enrollment in NIHCA.
- You receive contact from Vanco Services on the data submission process and how it can work for your club!
- You welcome NEW members to your club, and enroll existing members into the reimbursement program.
Q: Who is eligible for the program?
A: Currently, NIHCA works with 9 insurance partners and employer groups. Eligible individuals will be notified and will be given a card indicating their eligibility. This will be required upon enrolling in the program. Zip code information on your community, with the number of residents with this plan can be disclosed by request.
Q: How does the program work?
A: Eligible members who work out the required number of days according to their health plan will see monthly subsidies and/or points (reimbursement) from their incentive plan. Clubs must have a usage tracking mechanism to participate in the program. Vanco Services will work with clubs to acquire the specific data transfer requirements.
Q: Are there other clubs in my community participating?
A: Chances of that are great! The benefits to clubs are that which are attracting many clubs! The retention of existing members, and the sales of new members because of this incentive has been proven to be an incredible upside for clubs! It’s a program that “makes sense”!
Q: How will my members receive their reimbursement?
A: There are different options for this. Depending on your existing systems for payment, there are different scenarios. Vanco Services will provide one tracking report to the insurance providers and employer groups including all eligible club members, and in return will receive a reimbursement check from the insurance providers and employer groups. Vanco will then distribute the funds accordingly.
- Clubs can credit their members EFT (electronic fund transfer).
- Clubs can credit their members membership accounts monthly.
- Clubs can bank credits for members who are paid in full to use towards their renewal.
- Based on services needed from Vanco, they CAN take care of it for you.
Q: What do I need to do?
A: Complete the activation form. This will allow your facility to have access to nine fitness incentive programs, while also being listed and linked on our websites as a participating fitness center. There is an activation fee to join NIHCA; there are also small monthly processing fees.